NFPA 58 (Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code) provides valuable information for residential, recreational, and commercial users of propane. The IPGA provides current copies of NFPA 58, NFPA 54 (National Fuel Gas Code), and Iowa Administrative Code 661-226 as part of the materials for attendees at CETP Basic Principles and Practices classes. Through regular revisions and amendments, the development process considers the then current and available information on incidents, materials, technologies, innovations, and methods as these develop over time and these “Standards” reflect this consideration. Therefore, any previous edition of these documents no longer represents the current “Standard” on the subject matter addressed. NFPA encourages the use of the most current edition of any NFPA Standard [as it may be amended to take advantage of current experience and understanding]. This session discusses the use of NFPA 58 and IAC 661-226, as a reference for you in the promotion of propane safety.
Tom Dunn, Director of Safety Education & Compliance will also give an update of any industry changes, and Deb Grooms, Chief Executive Officer will give an update of the Propane Education and Research Council projects.
Meeting Dates & Locations:
- March 16 Dist. #2 BEST WESTERN, 2023 7TH Ave N, Clear Lake
- March 17 Dist. #1 NORTHWEST IOWA COMMUNITY COLLEGE – 630 West Park St., Sheldon – Room 119/Building A
- March 18 Dist. #4 CARROLLTON INN – 1730 N. US Hwy 71 N, Carroll
- March 19 Dist. #7 RED COACH INN – 1200 Senate Ave, Red Oak
- March 23 Dist. #5&8 IPGA – 1400 Metro East Dr., Pleasant Hill
- March 24 Dist. #3 UPPER IOWA UNIVERSITY – 605 Washington St, Fayette – Ballroom C/Student Center
- March 25 Dist. #6 DEALERS LP – 8645 Northwest Blvd, Davenport
- March 26 Dist. #9 BOARDERS/COBBLESTONE – 2200 West Burlington Ave, Fairfield
Meetings are 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Registration begins at 12:30 p.m.
Attend the district meeting most convenient for your schedule. We do not send out reminders. No charge for meeting, IowaPERC funds cover registration fees.