Is your company in compliance with the HazMat Training and Security Requirements? The DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations; 49 CFR Part 172/Subpart H/Sections 172.700 – 172.704, requires HazMat employees to be trained in accordance with the requirements of these regulations to the extent appropriate with their respective job responsibilities. (Currently every HazMat employee must be certified within 90 days after being hired and every three years thereafter.)
Who should attend? Hazmat employees (i.e. drivers, employees handling hazardous materials, employees directly affecting Hazmat transportation safety) Items to be covered are: unloading, labeling, placarding, transportation and day-to-day operations.
The Iowa Propane Education and Research Council (IowaPERC) is sponsoring the Hazmat classes, presented by the Hazardous Materials Unit of the IA DOT Office of Motor Vehicle Enforcement, free of charge to Iowa Marketers. See schedule listed below.
Class partially funded by IowaPERC.
****YOU MUST REGISTER IN ORDER TO ATTEND****
Class Locations and Dates:
- JULY 7 – Stoney Creek-300 3rd St, Sioux City, IA 51101
- JULY 8 – IPGA-1400 Metro East Dr, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
- JULY 20 – Marriott-1200 Collins Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- JULY 22 – IPGA-1400 Metro East Dr, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
- JULY 29 – IPGA-1400 Metro East Dr, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327